Leave Budapest behind and set off on an 8-hour full-day trip to the Danube Bend, the River’s most romantic area. You’ll explore Esztergom, Visegrád and Szentendre, three scenic towns before heading back to the capital. This excursion is the best way to discover Budapest’s surroundings if you’re staying in the capital for several days.
Danube Bend Day Trip: Esztergom, Visegrád & Szentendre
Meet the tour close to the parliament building in Budapest, and head north to Esztergom on a spacious coach. This picturesque city was once the capital of Hungary, from the tenth to the thirteenth century, and is the country’s seat of the Roman Catholic Church. It is home to the largest Cathedral in Hungary, Esztergom Basilica. Accompanied by your knowledgeable English-speaking guide, you’ll step inside the splendid neoclassical temple and admire the breath-taking views of the Danube River and the south of Slovakia from Castle Hill. The visit to Esztergom will last about an hour.
The second stop is Visegrád, best known for its medieval citadel, perched on a steep hill, and King Matthias Corvinus of Hungary’s summer palace. You’ll visit the impressive ruins of Visegrád Castle and enjoy the beautiful views of the Danube Bend. After the tour, you’ll have approximately one hour to continue exploring the town at your own pace.
After lunch, hop back on the coach and head to Szentendre, known as the Artists’ Village. Follow your guide on an hour long guided walking tour of the Old Town and then enjoy some free time to visit its souvenir shops or famous museums.
At the end of the day, you’ll set sail on a cruise boat back to Budapest. You’ll disembark at one of the city’s piers near the Chain Bridge.
From the 1 October to the 30 April, or if river water levels are not high enough, you will return to Budapest by bus instead of by boat.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children less than 12 years old||Infants less than 2 years old|
|English-speaking guided tour||
English-speaking guided tour
Children less than 12 years oldUS$ 31.60
Infants less than 2 years oldFree
8 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Professional English speaking guide.
Transportation to Danube Bend by coach.
Return transportation by boat (depending on the season).
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
You will receive an email with your ticket attached which you must print out and show on the day of the activity.
Báthory utca 19