Delve into Princess Sissi’s fascinating and melancholy life by visiting Gödöllö Palace, followed by a visit to a traditional Hungarian farm where you’ll enjoy a carriage ride and then see a riveting horse show before heading back to Budapest.
Gödöllö Palace and Horse Show
Begin your half-day tour at 9 am, boarding a comfortable minibus from your hotel and sit back during the half an hour journey to Gödöllö Palace, former summer residence of Emperor Franz Joseph I and Empress Elisabeth of Austria and Queen of Hungary.
Gödöllö is one of the largest Baroque palaces in the world and it has been compared in numerous occasions to the world-renowned Versailles Palace. It was a gift to Princess Sisi when she was made Queen of Hungary in 1867.
Your local and knowledgeable guide will disclose the secrets of Princess Elisabeth and her husband as you tour the dreamy grounds and beautifully-decorated rooms of the Palace.
The tour comes to an end at around 1:30 pm at the centrally-located Liberty Square in Budapest.
After the guided tour, climb back on the minibus and head to a traditional Hungarian farm, where you’ll be welcomed with a glass of “pálinka” and mouth-watering scones called “pogácsa”. Next, enjoy a relaxing carriage ride in the area and then attend a fantastic equestrian show.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children less than 12 years old||Infants less than 2 years old|
|English-speaking guided tour||
English-speaking guided tour
Children less than 12 years oldUS$ 33.80
Infants less than 2 years oldFree
4 hours 30 minutes.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Expert English speaking guide.
Return transportation by minibus.
Carriage ride in a traditional Hungarian farm.
Glass of pálinka and pogácsa (delicious scones).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Báthory utca 19