Set off on a full-day trip from Budapest to one of Hungary’s most popular tourist destinations: the renowned porcelain city Herend and Lake Balaton, Central Europe’s largest freshwater lake.
Lake Balaton and Herend Full-Day Trip
Having been picked up at 9 am, we'll board a comfortable minibus and embark on the two-hour drive to Tihany, located on the Tihany Peninsula. This picturesque village offers the best views of the stunning Balaton Lake, a favourite tourist destination among Hungarians.
In Tihany, follow your knowledgeable guide on a tour of the Benedictine Abbey. The monastery was founded in 1055 by King Andrew I of Hungary and he is buried in its crypt. The Abbey was reconstructed in 1754 in a Baroque style.
Leaving Tihany behind, we'll make our way to Balatonfüred, Hungary’s oldest spa town. We'll stroll along scenic promenades and enjoy the fresh air in Balatonfüred before heading to the final stop on our excursion: Herend, a small historic town famous worldwide for its luxury handmade porcelain.
Upon arrival in Herend, we'll visit one of the world’s largest porcelain factories, founded in 1826. After learning how porcelain is manufactured during a guided tour, you’ll enjoy a cup of coffee and free time to do some shopping.
At the end of the day, we'll make the return journey to Budapest, arriving back around 7 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children less than 12 years old||Infants less than 2 years old|
Children less than 12 years oldUS$ 38.20
Infants less than 2 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
English speaking guide.
Transport by minibus.
A cup of coffee at the porcelain factory.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Báthory utca 19