Set off on a day trip to the Puszta Great Plains an hour’s drive from Budapest. Visit Kecskemét, a beautiful Baroque city, followed by a stop at a rural farm, where you’ll enjoy a traditional lunch and horse show.
Puszta Day Trip with Equestrian Show
Having met the tour in the centre of Budapest, you'll head to the Great Hungarian Plain from Budapest. You’ll arrive at Kecskemét after a little less than an hour. This picturesque Baroque-style town is situated in the centre of the southern Great Plain.
Upon arrival, follow your professional English-speaking guide on a walking tour of the Old Town. You’ll see the Town Hall, the theatre and various churches.
Next, hop back on the minibus and travel to a traditional Hungarian farm. You’ll enjoy a glass of Pálinka, a traditional fruit brandy as soon as you descend from the bus and then you’ll be able to admire the scenery while you’re taken on a horse-drawn carriage.
Once the ride is over, you’ll marvel at a unique equestrian show, where the riders will surprise you with their expertise.
For lunch, you’ll be led to a rustic Csárda and savour a mouth-watering traditional Hungarian menu made up of goulash soup and two typical dishes, served with wine. Your meal will be accompanied by live traditional music.
After lunch, you’ll head back to Budapest and the tour will end in Erzsébet Square.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children less than 12 years old||Infants less than 2 years old|
Children less than 12 years oldUS$ 38.80
Infants less than 2 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Return transportation by minibus.
Traditional Hungarian lunch in a Csárda with traditional music: includes starter, two dishes and a glass of wine.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
Báthory utca 19