Learn about the mysterious life of Princess Sisi while you explore the Gödöllö Royal Palace, her former summer residence. Gödöllö is one of the world’s largest Baroque palaces and it has been compared numerous times to the splendid Versailles Palace.
Gödöllö Palace Tour
Travel 30 minutes on an air-conditioned coach to the Gödöllö Royal Palace, after having been collected at your hotel. The striking Baroque Palace and beautiful grounds was offered to Elisabeth, Empress of Austria and Queen of Hungary, when she was crowned Queen of Hungary in 1867. Since, the palace became her principal royal summer residence.
As you wander through the Palace’s rooms, your knowledgeable English-speaking guide will disclose the curious lives of Empress Elisabeth of Austria and her husband Emperor Franz Joseph I, King of Hungary between 1867 and 1916. Your host will bring to light the couple’s secret love affairs and the hidden passages and doors throughout the residence.
At the end of the guided tour, you will be driven back to Budapest and dropped off at Szabadság tér.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children less than 12 years old||Infants less than 2 years old|
Children less than 12 years oldUS$ 21.30
Infants less than 2 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Return transportation by minibus.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
You will receive an email with your ticket attached which you must print out and show on the day of the activity.
Yes (only for folding wheelchairs).
Báthory utca 19