Since it was opened in 1918, Gellért Bath has become one of Europe’s finest thermal spas. For the past century, the spa has been in numerous magazines and TV commercials, making it the most renowned in Budapest.
Gellért Spa’s main hall is breath-taking. Designed in an Art Nouveau style, it is home to beautiful mosaics and sculptures. It is one of Budapest’s most popular images.
Gellért Thermal Bath, bestowed with the title of “Spa City”, has thermal bath pools, swimming pools, dry and steam saunas, a Finnish sauna and refreshing massages, mud packing, among many other relaxing beauty treatments.
- Although Gellért Spa is open every day until 8 pm, you must access the spa via the priority ticket office which is is open from 9 am to 5:30 pm.
- Bear in mind that certain beauty treatments, like the massages, end at 6pm.
- On the 24, 25, 26, 31 December and 1 January, the opening hours are reduced. We suggest, if you can, to visit Gellért Spa on another day.
The Gellért Spa outdoor swimming pool is only available in high season, between May and September/October (depending on the weather). Low temperatures mean that it cannot be used during the rest of the year.
Types of entrance tickets
You can purchase two types of admission tickets:
- VIP entrance: includes a private cabin in which to change and leave your belongings.
- Standard entrance: includes a locker to keep your belongings.
Complete the experience with a massage
Complete this relaxing experience with a massage by booking our Gellért Spa Ticket with Massage.
Important information: Massages are not provided to children under 16 years old.
The Gellért Spa has six accessible interior pools. The outside pools are not accessible.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 2 years old|
Children under 2 years oldFree
Children under 2 years oldFree
Priority entrance to Gellért Spa.
Towel hire (2,000 Ft (US$ 6.40)).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not advisable for people with reduced mobility).
Inside Hotel Gellért