Prices and costs in Budapest are relatively inexpensive, especially when compared to other European capital cities.
This list includes some example of average prices in Budapest, so you can prepare your budget accordingly:
- One-way journey ticket: 350 Ft.
- 72h-travel card: 4,150 Ft.
- Take-out pizza: 1,000 Ft.
- Dinner for two in a moderately-priced restaurant: From 4,000 Ft, without wine.
- A double room in a mid-range centrally located hotel: from 43 USD/ 40 EUR / 35 GBP per night.
- Tickets to visit one of the city’s monuments: Between 1,500 and 2,500 Ft.
- River cruise with dinner and live music included: 9,400 Ft.
- Taxi to the city centre from Ferihegy Airport: Between 3,600 and 5,800 Ft.
Tipping is part of the Hungarian culture and is used a lot more than in other European countries. It is even common for professionals like doctors to expect a tip for their work.
Some restaurants in Budapest include the tip directly in the bill. If it is not included, the standard tip is between 10% and 15% of the total amount.