Delve deep into Hungarian culture on this fascinating guided tour of the Palinka Museum, where you'll learn all about the country's most traditional drink and taste it too!
What is the Palinka Museum?
The Palinka Museum in Budapest is dedicated to Hungary's most traditional alcoholic beverage: palinka. This ticket gives you access to the museum to explore its exhibitions at your leisure, and to enjoy a 40-minute guided tour with an English-speaking guide at the time of your choice. Your guide will reveal how palinka is made and tell you all about the different ingredients used, like cherries, pears and peaches.
Located in the heart of Budapest, the museum provides a complete journey through the history of a drink that has spiced up the lives of numerous generations of Hungarians. What's more, a fun interactive experience allows you to make your own palinka, and you'll even get to drink it afterwards!
Guided Tour & Palinka Tasting
When making your reservation, you'll have the option to complete your experience enjoying an additional tasting of palinka at the end of your guided tour. If you choose this option, your tasting will be conducted by an expert guide who will explain each of the steps followed to make the drink, and you'll then taste three different types of palinka.
Museum Opening Times
- The Palinka Museum is open daily from 1 pm to 10 pm.
- Your ticket is valid to do the guided tour of the Palinka Museum whenever you'd like during the opening times, provided a member of staff is available. At the end of the tour, you'll be free to explore the museum at your own pace.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 18 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Students (over 18 years old)|
US$ 11.30 US$ 9
|Guided tour + Tasting||
AdultsUS$ 11.30 US$ 9
Students (over 18 years old)US$ 9
Guided tour + Tasting
Students (over 18 years old)US$ 17
The tour is exclusively in English.
Entrance to the Palinka Museum.
English speaking guide.
Tasting of three types of palinka (optional).
20% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (8:00 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).