Known as the Artists’ Village, Szentendre has become one of Budapest’s essential outside tours. Set off on a 4.5-hour half-day trip from the capital and discover this charming town with a knowledgeable guide.
Szentendre Half-Day Trip
Your English-speaking guide will meet you in the centre of Budapest, and you’ll set off to Szentendre, a picturesque town popularly called “Artists’ Village”. It is situated on the Danube Bend, not far from Budapest.
Upon arrival in Szentendre, stroll with your guide through the city’s charming Old Town, discovering its narrow and cobblestone streets and Baroque buildings built on medieval ruins. Then, stop to try a “lángos”, a tasty Hungarian flat bread.
After the guided tour, you’ll have time to continue exploring this charming town at your own leisure. Visit the numerous souvenir shops (with original articles that make great presents), enjoy a coffee in one of its pretty coffeehouses or visit some of the town’s renowned museums (the most-visited are Szamos Marzipan Museum and Magrit Kovács Museum).
Between 1 May and 30 September, you’ll head back to Budapest by boat. The rest of the year, you’ll return by bus.
The tour will come to an end in the city center, very near the Chain Bridge.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children less than 12 years old||Infants less than 2 years old|
Children less than 12 years oldUS$ 23.30
Infants less than 2 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Transportation to Szentendre by coach or minibus.
Return journey to Budapest by boat (1 May – 28 September).
“Lángos” tasting, a fried Hungarian flat bread.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Báthory utca 19